Encinitas is a beach city in the North County area of San Diego County, California. Located within Southern California, it is approximately 25 miles (20 minute drive) north of San Diego and about 95 miles (3 hour drive) south of Los Angeles. The city has a population of 59,518 according to the 2010 census.
Encinitas can be divided into five areas:
- Old Encinitas: a small beachside area featuring a mix of businesses and housing styles. Sitting along the coastal 101 highway, the Encinitas welcome arch, the famous surf break Swami's, and the early 20th century La Paloma Theater are located here. Old Encinitas is divided from New Encinitas by a low coastal ridge.
- New Encinitas: a newer region which features a golf course, many shopping centers, and is composed of larger tract homes.
- Olivenhain: a semi-rural region in eastern Encinitas, composed of mostly single family homes, an active 4-H Club, and several private equestrian facilities. Olivenhain connects to Rancho Santa Fe via Encinitas Blvd.
- Leucadia: a coastal community of the city. Leucadia features tree-lined streets and boulevards. The community features art galleries, unusual stores, and restaurants, along with single family homes. This also contains beaches such as Beacons and Grandview.
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea: Encinitas' southernmost oceanfront community, which features streets named after British cities and classical composers, the Lux Art Institute, and the San Elijo Campus of Mira Costa College.
- April Street Fair: annual two-day street fair, held every April in downtown Encinitas
- Deep Pit BBQ, held the end of May at the San Dieguito Heritage Museum, 450 Quail Gardens Dr.
- Encinitas Environment Day: held on the 2nd Sunday of June- environmentally-themed games and entertainment for families.
- Lima Bean Faire and Battle of the Beans Cook-off, held each September at the San Dieguito Heritage Museum, 450 Quail Gardens Dr.
- Fall Festival: annual one-day street fair, held each November in downtown Encinitas.
- OktoberFest: held the third Sunday in September to coincide with the start of the Oktoberfest celebrations in Germany.
- Classic Car Cruise Nights: classic cars line Coast Highway 101 in downtown Encinitas on the 3rd Thursday of each month, May–September.
- The Wavecrest Woodie Meet: takes place once a year on the third Saturday of September at Moonlight State Beach. It is the largest rally of wooden-bodied vehicles in the world and it is free to the public and to participants.
- Wellness Week: annual week-long program of events and special offers designed to help people learn about and experience ways to improve their well-being.
- Salute to Education: Encinitas Chamber of Commerce Salute to Education event that is held each year in June honoring local teachers and students for their outstanding efforts during the current school year. This event is hosted each year by Rancho Santa Fe Security Systems.
- Switchfoot Bro-Am: annual free surf competition and outdoor music festival usually held in early July at Moonlight State Beach, home of the world's only Surf Jousting competition, along with several other competitive surfing events. All proceeds from the event go to local charities.
Search Encinitas Homes for Sale
Updated Jul 19, 2018 6:00:pm.
This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. You should rely on this information only to decide whether or not to further investigate a particular property. BEFORE MAKING ANY OTHER DECISION, YOU SHOULD PERSONALLY INVESTIGATE THE FACTS (e.g. square footage and lot size) with the assistance of an appropriate professional. You may use this information only to identify properties you may be interested in investigating further. All uses except for personal, non-commercial use in accordance with the foregoing purpose are prohibited. Redistribution or copying of this information, any photographs or video tours is strictly prohibited.
This information is derived from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) service provided by Sandicor®. Displayed property listings may be held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent responsible for this display. The information and any photographs and video tours and the compilation from which they are derived is protected by copyright. Compilation © 2018 Sandicor®, Inc.
Today's Market Trends for Encinitas *
* All data pertains to single-family homes